I believe that friends who drink alcohol often see the word "shelf life: 10 years" on the back label. What does this mean?Could it be that a bottle of wine that is more than 10 years ago has expired and can’t drink?Can the shelf life really "guarantee quality"?Which wines can you drink after 10 years?These questions will give you a one -time answer today!
Why is the shelf life of wine 10 years?
This is because the "Food Law" in my country In order to ensure consumers’ food safety, like other foods, the maximum shelf life of imported wine is 10 years.However, after 2008, my country’s "Regulations on the Management of Food Logo": Ethanol content of more than 10% (including 10%) drinks, vinegar, salt, and solid sugar can be exempted from the standard shelf life.This means that imported wines with more than 10% of alcohol can not be marked with the shelf life without being marked, and the default is long -term preservation.
However, in order to avoid unnecessary troubles when customs declaration, some importers will still mark the shelf life of 10 years.Therefore, you can see imported wines with a shelf life of 10 years or no shelf life. Don’t be surprised. These two types are normal.
Do n’t you drink after 10 years of shelf life?
Whether the wine can drink (drinking period) and the shelf life cannot be divided. The drinking period of the wine is jointly determined by the tannins of the wine, polyphenols and acidity, etc., which has nothing to do with the shelf life.Most wine drinking periods are less than 5 years, and only a few wine drinking periods are 5-10 years, and wines with more than 10 years of drinking period are very few, accounting for only about 1%.
Low tannins and low -acid wines such as ordinary peach red wine and thin Ji Ruoli new wine. The suitable drinking period is generally within 2 years. If it is placed for 10 years, the fruit taste and wine have long disintegrated, so after more than 10 years, drinkingNo value.
Low tannins and high-acid wines such as ordinary meals, sparkling wine, white wine, etc. The suitable drinking period is generally within 2-5 years, and it is also meaningless after more than 10 years.
Only wines with high potential can be placed for more than 10 years. Usually this kind of wine drinking period is more than 10 years. After 10 years, the taste becomes more round and comfortable, and the aroma also presents a perfect deep aroma.This kind of wine is: Bordeaux Bordeaux Village and Burgundy Garden Wine.
At the same time, high sweet and high -wine precision wines generally have strong storage potential, such as sweet wine and other sweet wines such as expensive rot wine and ice wine. The sweetness and acidity are high, which is very suitable for aging. Some can even be placed for 50 years.Sherry, Port, Maderia and other enhanced wines and other reinforcement wines are highly accurate, can be placed for decades, and some can be placed for hundreds of years.
Therefore, the 10 -year shelf life of the wine back label does not have much practical significance. Most wines cannot be drunk in less than 10 years, but a few top wines are worthy of tasting after 10 years.
Which wines can usually drink after 10 years?
(1) France: Grand Cru Classe, NOBLE WINE, Cru Bourgeois, Grand Cru, and Premier Cru, Hermitage and Pope Newburg (Chateauneuf Du Pape) wine.
(2) Italy: Most Barolo, Barbaresco, Amaarone, Brunello Di Montalcino, Brunello Di Montalcino, and some super TososSuper Tuscany wine, etc.
(3) Spain: some special treasures (Rioja), RiBera Del Duero, etc.
(4) Portugal: Porter and Madeira.
(5) The United States: Napa Valley’s worship of the famous Zhuang Chibao.
(6) Australia: top Barossa, Coonawarra, Clare Valley, Hunter Valley and other wines.
(7) Chile: The strong wine of the wine and the top wine of Jiameina.
(8) Germany: Ice wine, grape selection wine (TBA) and selected wine (BA) and other wines.
Wine after 10 years of drinking,
Is it fine after 10 years?
Although some wines may be suitable for 10 years, is there no problem after 10 years of wine placed?No!The bad preservation conditions may break the wine in 1-2 days. For example, the wine is exposed to the sun, and it will even be scrapped in half a day.Therefore, the ideal perfect storage conditions are also important factor that can be consumed after 10 years of wine placing.
(1) Constitutional preservation: The ideal storage temperature is 10-14 ° C. The best.Too cold will make the wine no longer mature and lose the meaning of Tibetan wine; too hot can make the wine excessively oxidize and deteriorate.
(2) Constant storage: The ideal storage humidity is 60%-75%.Taikan will dry the wood plugs, increase the risk of air entering wine, and cause leakage or oxidation. Too humid can make the wood plug moldy, breed the growth of mold, and it is not conducive to the storage of wine.
(3) Avoiding light: Light can easily cause wine to deteriorate, especially solar lights and neon lights can accelerate the oxidation of wine.
(4) Ventilation, without odor preservation: Avoid the odor in the air from entering the wine, affecting the quality of the wine.
(5) Flating shockproof preservation: Flating is conducive to the long -term humidity of the woody plot, making the fit with the bottle high, and avoiding air from entering accelerated oxidation wine.Vibration will make wine mature, so avoid moving the wine or placed in a place where it is often vibrated.